- 6 cups of finely chopped apples
- 1 tbsp of non-dairy butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ½ cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almond flour (or any other nut flour)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tbsp non-dairy butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A dollop of vanilla ice-cream (healthy options – low fat/dairy free/coconut)
- optional: an additional 2 tbsp slivered almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 160 C (fan forced). Oil a pie dish or any similar size pan and set aside.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a mixing bowl. Transfer to the pie dish and spread throughout the bowl evenly.
- Mix all of the topping ingredients (except slivered almonds reserved for garnish, if using) in a separate small mixing bowl until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples in the pie dish. Garnish with slivered almonds if desired.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approx 30 minutes, until the crumble turns golden brown.
- Allow to cool and add a dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top